Everyone hates a dirty beach…
This morning after day 2 of our Sunrise Surf Camp, several staff members were appalled at the number of cigarette buds that were scattered across the sand. Luckily, it’s that time of year again for the annual Volcom Beach Cleanup.
This event started 9 years ago to-date and has changed the way thousands of locals take care of their beaches. In an effort to raise awareness about the amount of trash left on our local beaches everyday, Volcom and East Coast Marketing Coordinator Dane Jeffereys invites EVERYONE to take part in this beach cleanup.
Volcom is giving away a free pair of ELECTRIC sunglasses to the person who picks up the most cigarette butts AND the first 25 volunteers get a free Volcom “Cigg butts don’t surf” tee.
Even better news… Volcom is giving away a $1000 Volcom shopping spree! Here’s how to enter:
- Must tag @Volcom_East, #Ciggbuttchallenge
- Photo or video posts will be accepted on Instagram,
- Contest runs July 1st-August 20th.
- The best display of keeping cigarette butts of our beach wins! Get creative!
- Tag your favorite @Volcom retailer to win the shopping spree at their store
The event takes place June 8th on the Northside of The Pier from 5-7pm. We’ll see you there!